DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has emerged as a center of par excellence learning in the respective disciplines and ranks amongst the top such institutions in the state. The Department is constantly striving in all the achievement and development of the students through its endless effort, and “INSIGHT” is one such Endeavor, providing the wide spectrum of technological minds of students that culminate into the ambrosia of life.
THE MILESTONE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was started in the year 2002 with affiliation to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), with an initial intake of 60 students. The present intake for undergraduate program is 180 students.
The objective of the Department is to impart mechanical skills of highest quality to the blooming engineers. The faculty to students ratio is 1: 15. Mechanical Engineering emphasizes on Machine Design, Materials and Manufacturing, Thermal Engineering and also interdisciplinary areas like CAD/CAM/CAE/HVAC, Automation, Mechatronics, FEM etc.
In the year 2007-08 M.Tech course in Machine Design was started with the intake of 18students and in the year 2014-15, M.Tech course in Thermal Engineering was started. The Mechanical Engineering program dedicates itself to providing students with a set of skills, knowledge and attitudes that will permit its graduates to succeed and thrive as engineers and leaders. The Department provides opportunities to visit esteemed institutes and organizations likeIISc, NAL, DRDO, ADA etc.
The Department is Proud to have qualified faculties belonging to various streams of engineering specialization naming Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Science, Thermal Engineering, Aerodynamics and Mechatronics. All the qualified faculty members possess master degree in their respective discipline, and most of whom are doctoral degree holders.
The Department has established a fully fledged research center affiliated to visvesvaraya Technological university(VTU) in the year 2011. Eight Research scholar are pursuing their Doctoral Program in their Research Center.
The Mechanical Engineering program strives to graduate mechanical engineers of the highest quality and to conduct state-of-the-art research.
The Mechanical Engineering program dedicates itself in providing students with a set of skills, knowledge and attitudes that will permit its graduates to succeed and thrive as engineers and leaders.
The Program strives to:
- Prepare its graduates to pursue life-long learning, serve the profession and meet intellectual, ethical and career challenges.
- Maintain a vital, state-of-the-art research enterprise to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop and maintain a strong academic staff base for optimum departmental performance.
- To integrate teaching and research for preservation and effective application of knowledge and skills.
- To improve, develop and establish teaching and research programs in line with country’s industrialization needs.
- To develop and promote quality and market driven academic and professional pursuits.
- To expand, strengthen and sustain the departmental income base.
- To strengthen and expand collaboration and partnerships with industry and other organization.
- To establish culture of hard work, good governance in leadership and management of the department.
- To develop, promote and carry out programs for epidemic and disaster prevention as well as risk management.
Professor & H.O.D
Dr.Punith Gowda K
MTech, Ph.D., MISTE
Chidananda Prasad R
Mr.Chandru B T
MTech, Ph.D., MISTE
GuruPrasad H L
Mr.Aravind K U
Mrs.Rohini H S
Santhosh Kumar H N
Mr.Rakshith A N
Mr.Gunesh N Ravnikar
Mr.Murali B H
Mrs.Umesh Babu G
Mr.Nithin S K
Mr.Santhosh Kumar H V
Mr.Pradeep M S