Department of Physics
Department of Physics was started in the year 2001. Department of Physics is engaged in promoting Engineering physics theory and practicals for all branches of Engineering. Department produces very consistent good results every year. The department has highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff members.
Staff members are encouraged in their research activities and permitted to participate in various National and International conferences in India and abroad. Staff members have published research papers in international and national peer reviewed indexed journals. Also, staff members have attended and presented their research work at international and national conferences.
Vision of the Department
- To achieve academic excellence on par with global standards
Mission of the Department
- To inculcate creativity and zeal to learn
- To produce technically competent engineers
- To develop scientific temperament, rational thinking and spirit of enquiry.
Department Long Term Goals
- To establish R & D.
- To Guide students for their Ph. D
- To take up Research projects.
- To establish industry institute MOU.
Department Short Term Goals
- To impart ability to analyze complex physical problems.
- To impart a disciplined approach to conceptualizing physical problems in numerical terms, working on them theoretically before attempting to put theory into practice.
- To develop the students' capacity to readily adapt to and make use of emerging technologies.
Highlights of the Department
- Staff-student ratio in the department is 1:60
- Department of Physics has one lab with 220 s q. m.
- Number of Staff with Ph.D-1
- Number of faculty doing Ph.D-2
- Number of papers published in International journals- 18