About The Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in 2001 with an Intake of 60, the intake was increased to 120 in the year 2005-06. Right from the inception of the Institution the Department working with an objective of imparting quality technical education for IT sector and other related industries.
- To impart quality technical education through research, innovation and teamwork in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To create a conducive avenue to learn strong fundamentals in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To train the graduates to meet global challenges by inculcating a quest for modern technologies in the emerging areas.
- To create centres of excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering with industrial and University collaborations.
After studying this course, students will be able to:
- Appreciate the significance of electronics in different applications.
- Understand the applications of diode in rectifiers, filter circuits and wave shaping.
- Design circuits like amplifiers, comparators, adders, integrator and differentiator using OPAMPS.
- Compile the different building blocks in digital electronics using logic gates and implement logic function using universal gates.
- Acquire knowledge of working principles, characteristics and basic applications of BJT and FET.
- Interpretation of performance characteristics of transistors amplifiers, frequency Response and Oscillators.
- Able to learn Layout, Stick diagrams, Fabrication steps, Static and Switching characteristics of inverters, Synthesis of digital VLSI systems from register-transfer or higher level descriptions in hardware design languages.
- Apply the FFT algorithm to optimize the calculation process for DFT and to determine the type of Filter to be used.
- Computing and design of filter coefficients.
- Design a communication system and select an appropriate modulation technique for a particular application.
- Describe working principle of basic RADAR. List RADAR terminologies. Derive the simple form of RADAR range equation. Explain the block diagram of continuous wave RADAR.
- Assess the performance of basic pulse RADAR in the real world. Discuss Doppler and Moving Target Indication (MTI) RADAR.
- Students can analyze the performance, classification and applications of the Integrated circuits and to know the difference between linear and digital Integrated circuits.
- Determine and use models of physical systems in forms suitable for use in the analysis and design of control systems.
- Determine the stability of closed loop control system and to apply root-locus technique to analyze and design control systems.
- Design a digital communication system by selecting an appropriate error correcting codes for a particular application.
Find Out More About Us the forum
- INSIGNA herein referred as the department forum and is a platform created to strengthen the knowledge of the student community in this institution.
- INSIGNA also aims at improving the verbal and nonverbal skills of among the students and faculties.
- All the faculty members of ME department are also the members of forum.
- All the students of mechanical engineering from 3rd sem onwards will be a member of this forum by default.
- This forum is exclusively for mechanical engineering branch only, however any support, guidance, mutually beneficial activities with the other departments/forum is well encouraged.
- The forum would be used to all the activities for the betterment of the student.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’S)
- To prepare students with strong background of science and mathematics enabling them to be acquainted with requisite tools in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To train the students to have the ability to demonstrate technical competence and to develop solutions for the real world problems.
- To prepare the students with professional excellence through life- long learning.
- To attain best practices to imbibe qualities of professional leadership and enabling to work effectively in multi disciplinary task of engineering fields.
- To produce graduates with ethical and moral behavior.
Program Outcomes (Po’s)
- Graduate after completion of the programme must be industry ready and will be able to demonstrate the mathematical and engineering sciences related concepts pertaining to the fields of VLSI design, Digital Electronics and Embedded System design, Processor technologies, Microwave link analysis, Industrial Electronics and Robotics automation.
- Graduate will be able to demonstrate, identify, formulate and solve engineering problems related to the hardware design, software development, data acquisition required for industry related problems.
- Graduate will be having ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret the data pertaining to the various domains of Electronics and Communication engineering.
- The graduate will have core competence and have an ability to design a system, system components or process as per the specifications of industries.
- The graduate will have ability to take up the problems independently and work on multidisciplinary tasks and research laboratories like DRDO, ISRO, NAL, BHEL, HAL, BEL, ADA, etc…. which includes national and international
- Graduate will have an ability to use latest engineering tools which includes EDA tools,MathCAD tools,ORCAD tools,Virtual platforms like NI LabView and Multisim tools, NETSIM, OPNET, TclTK, and able to handle and work on latest equipments like Microwave test benches, Digital transmission and receiving modules, Optical trainer kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Storage Oscilloscope and Power electronics related modules.
- The graduate will be able to pursue higher education in the field of VLSI design, Digital Electronics and Embedded System design, Processor technologies, Microwave link analysis, industrial electronics and Robotics automation.
- The graduate will be aware of professional and ethical Responsibilities and related confidential issues of research laboratories and industries.
- The Graduate will have an ability to have an effective communication skill both verbal and written.
- The graduate will be able to handle multidisciplinary tasks and associated real life engineering solutions which includes health care, food and agriculture, energy conservation, social security and would be able to contribute in improving quality of life of common man.
- The graduate will be confident on self education and have ability for lifelong learning.
- Graduate can participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE,UPSC civil services examinations,IES,staff selection commission competitive examinations, IAF- SSB, Indian Navy and Army examinations, DRDO SAR exams, TOEFL, GRE, CAT, MAT examinations both at national and international
- Providing high quality in teaching and learning standards.
- To improve performance of students using innovative and creative methods
- Emphasis on Awareness of Entrepreneurship development skills.
- To conduct faculty development programmes regularly for skill up-gradation.
- To encourage research activities.
- Work in close cooperation and collaboration with industry and professional bodies.
- To have more number of publications and patents in the emerging areas of information technology.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- Acquire greater external funding for research, scholarships and equipment’s
- To be among top ten leading institutes in India and abroad and be recognized as the best department in terms of research and innovation.
- To conduct continuing education programs and workshops/conferences for knowledge sharing with outside world.
In support of its goals and mission, the association objectives are to graduate students who will:
- Achieve professional success due to the mastery of mechanical engineering theory and practice.
- Become leaders in academia and society due to a broad preparation in science & engineering, communication, teamwork and social issues.
- Pursue life-long learning and continuing professional development.
- Use their understanding of the impact of technology on society for the benefit of human kind.
- Appropriate, occasional innovation of our curriculum so it incorporates ever-changing mechanical engineering technology.
Based on the educational objectives, the specific educational outcomes of association are that by the time of graduation Mechanical Engineering majors will have achieved.
- Knowledge of machine operation
- An understanding of the foundations of mechanical engineering
- An understanding of human – machine interaction(robos)
- Knowledge of advanced mechanical engineering topics
- An understanding of mathematics appropriate for mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of probability and statistics
- An understanding of scientific principles
- An understanding of professional ethics
- An understanding of the links between technology and society
- An ability to participate effectively in a class or project team
- An ability to communicate effectively in speech & writing
Working of the forum:
- The forum is exclusively funded by the membership fee collected from the members of Forum.
- The membership fee of Rs.250/ per year is collected according to year wise. The amount collected is just once as the students enter to branch i,e in 2nd
Activities of the forum:
- Paper presentation on Recent Trends.
- Organize national seminar/Conferences and symposiums.
- Department celebrates Ayuda pooja, Rama navami in a big way through association and college support.
- Department conducts cultural fest and farewell in even semester.
- The representative members will be selected in a fair manner by the Hod every year.
- The student’s participation and interest in each of the activity organized by forum would be considered as the main factor during the selection process.
- There is always room for change of the representatives if it is found necessary by the Hod& faculty members.
- The student leadership structure will be dissolved each year and a fresh structure will be formed.
Scope of improvement:
- All suggestions /comments, feedback etc. for the betterment of the forum is always welcome.
- Misconception/difference of opinion in any matter regarding the forum would be directly addressed by the hod and His/Her decision will be final and binding
- Code of conduct and behaviour: any misbehaviour by any member will be considered severe and appropriate action will be taken
- The rules of this forum would be periodically reviewed and amended if necessary after the consent of the members and Hod.
Current Year Event